Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bowes-Glassman Campaign Statements

By Ian Bowes & Kevin Glassman, contributors


President: Ian Bowes 
Vice-President: Kevin Glassman 



Ian Bowes
Kevin Glassman



























Ian Bowes
I remember running for my first real position in my sophomore year as my class’s representative. It was a great deal of running around, making promises, worrying about upcoming events, and overall just being a mixture of excited and nervous. I chose to run for president to get that feeling again, to give back to my school again, help out where I could and try and do a little good for the benefit of the other students. I remember the good times I had organizing and working collaboratively with others to make an event we could all be proud of and getting to say that I helped. I want to do this all again and I can only imagine how different it is going to be, but how much fun it is going to be all at the same time. Although, I must admit that I have been thinking about running for president for quite some time, ever since the end of my sophomore year when I decided not to run again I felt as if my best chance to work with student council would be to get an elected position. At the same time this is not just a simple want or desire, but I truly feel I could do well in this position, as my past work with student council showed how willing to help I was and how I was always ready to accept new ideas. I will not deny though that being student council president at Sturgis, will look great on college forms and to me is even somewhat of a bragging right, but those are not the only reasons I am running. I hope I will be taken into account for the election thank you.

Kevin Glassman
I believe that I should be elected as the Vice President of the Sturgis Charter Public School student body. Over my time spent as a student here I have noticed what a close knit community we have become, I think of this school as my home away from home not only because I spend six hours of my day here Monday through Friday but also because when I am not here I am doing some sort of work that relates to this school, whether it be CAS hours or an IA. As a full diploma candidate I can understand the troubles and concerns that students have and can empathize with them. I appreciate the importance of this position and understand how large of a responsibility it is to serve as a figurehead of the student body and to make the opinions and concerns of these students known to our faculty and to one another. I feel as if I already share a strong link with the student body and am eager to make just as strong a bond with our faculty in order to maintain the great student teacher relations that I personally pride Sturgis on. I will be running with Ian Bowes, a student that has proven his extraordinary school spirit in every way imaginable and has been a member of student council ever since he was a student here. I am willing to say that he has the best relations with the faculty of this school of any student in his class and that by combining his ability to speak with our faculty and be respected by them with my abilities to converse with and be appreciated by our student body we can create an even stronger link between students and faculty.

No comments:

Post a Comment