Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rogers Campaign Statement

By Graycie Rogers, contributor


Sophomore Representative: Graycie Rogers 


Walking through the doors to Sturgis welcomes me to a world where I don’t see guys or ladies, I don’t just see classmates. I see potential. In each of you.. Not just the potential of four years, not the potential of graduation. I see the future and the next generation.
I ask myself; am I going to school with a doctor, a Boston Red Sox pitcher, an actor or a President of the United States? It’s my goal to represent you and work with you to create positive changes and help you reach your potential. And by helping you you’ll also be helping me. President Obama once said  “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek”.
Sturgis has helped me to reach for my potential through my classes, volleyball, softball, and meeting very different people. Each with dreams, each with potential. I’m proud of my work within the community. I’ve volunteered for fund raisers and helped at a no-kill cat shelter, prepare and sent care packages to our troops, and have offered to volunteer with the Red Cross and Falmouth Hospital not only during the school year but throughout the summer.
Everything I’ve done has motivated me and helped to prepare me to serve on the Sophomore Student Council. Each of these things and each of you have inspired me to set an example. I’m approachable, willing to listen, willing to learn. I’m committed to work with my peers if I win or lose. I believe that a person can make a difference. A vote for me is definitely a vote for your voice. I’m Grayce Rogers, Making A Difference since 1997 and I’ve approved this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment