Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Duncan-Fallon Campaign Statements

By Ben Duncan & Kaleigh Fallon, contributors 


President: Ben Duncan 
Vice-President: Kaleigh Fallon 
Ben Duncan
Kaleigh Fallon


 













Ben Duncan
Hello, for those who do not know me, my name is Ben Duncan and I am a rising senior running for Student Council president for the 2012-13 year. This past year, I have served as the Junior Representative for the council. As Junior Rep, I took on new responsibilities and developed new communication skills.

Having had this year of experience, I believe that I have gained a good feel for how the Council operates. I have seen what has and has not worked, and will use this knowledge to implement the best tactics in organizing events for next year. In addition, I would like to restructure the organization and style of our meetings to create an organized itinerary for each meeting while having an open-minded atmosphere. I believe that this will be crucial to the efficiency of the council in accomplishing our goals within our weekly meetings. Many claim that the Student Council does not do much, but I assure you, that if elected, my running mate Kaleigh and I will ensure that STUFF GETS DONE!

Although I am not personally close with Kaleigh, I believe that we will make the ideal team as President and VP. She also has experience on the council, serving as her class’s representative for the past two years. I know she will be committed and help me follow through with my plans for next year. Together, we can successfully voice the opinions of both the junior and senior classes, and consider those of the underclassmen as well. To finish, I would like to clarify that regardless of the outcome of the elections, I will still be a part of Student Council and encourage anyone else, whether you run or not, to also join. Thank you for your consideration!









Kaleigh Fallon
As the 2011-2012 school year quickly comes to an end, it is again time to think about Student Council elections for next year. With that being said, I’m running for Vice President, along with Ben Duncan as President. Our school needs a strong Vice President who will provide the utmost dedication to our school as a whole. I strongly believe that I, along with Ben Duncan, hold all the necessary qualities of a determined, focused, and enthusiastic leader. It is key to have experience in order to fully understand the job and duties of Student Council, and being both freshman and sophomore representative I am fully cognizant and experienced with the world of Student Council. Student Council brings enthusiasm and spirit to our school. Student Council is responsible for organizing Spirit Week, dances, the Dodgeball Tournament, and also Field Day. Together along side with Ben Duncan we would be able to assure the next school year to be full of strong leadership, excitement, dedication, and most importantly school wide spirit. So here I stand asking you for your vote, and consideration for the 2012-2013 Student Council Vice President. Let’s have a great year! Much Thanks, Kaleigh Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment