Sunday, October 14, 2012

Student Spotlight: Josh Cox

By Alicia Pollard, co-editor-in-chief

Freshman Josh Cox decided to take his passion for movie-making and create a club here at Sturgis. Josh shared with co-editor-in-chief Alicia Pollard information about his hobby and the club. 

When did you first become interested in movie-making?

Probably when I started getting involved in theatre, which was like 10 years old. I just had like gone to see shows when I was little and I thought it was fun and people said I had a talent for it.

What kind of work have you done?

Back in April I started this movie with one of my friends from the theatre; it’s like a drama... about this girl who finds out she had a twin and the twin isn’t human, she’s a clone and she’s trying to kill her. It was just fun to make and we’re making a second one too. I created a page advertising it on Facebook where I post pictures about what we do on set, and and lot of friends of ours are interested in it.

Is this more of a career interest or hobby for you?

Career interest, definitely, I’ve always wanted to be a famous actor and then go into directing stuff

What made you decide to start the club?

A lot of people were interested in how I made the movie and a lot of people said they’d always wanted to do something like that... I wanted to do anything I could do to help.

What kinds of things are you planning for the year?

Basically, ..I..ask them to write their own script. Each one gets to come up with their one movie. A lot of people are interested in making a documentary of being an IB student; others are interested in sci-fi or mystery. [They] can create a full product and present it.

No comments:

Post a Comment