Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Lion King 3-D Review

By Lucie Palmeri, staff reporter 


Mufasa enjoyed the movie in 3-D.

When I was little, I remember watching The Lion King movies like it was my religion. Every time my brother or sister would put the VCR tape into the machine, I would get so excited, for who could resist the catchy tunes of “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King” and “Hakuna Matata” and the invigorating plot line of a lion struggling to find his identity as the king of Pride Rock? I sure could not, and as I took my seat and watched the movie, I realised that that very same excitement came back to me. Along with the excitement came the other emotions that any kid would have felt watching The Lion King for the very first time: amazement, shock, anger, sadness, joy (basically any emotion). Over all, the movie was an A- in my grade book. The only thing that stopped it from getting an A or an A+ is because it was in 3-D. Usually I don’t mind 3-D movies because most of the time it makes all the action so much more exciting in action movies, but The Lion King isn’t much of an action movie,  so the 3 dimensional aspect was a bit too much. Plus, it made me dizzy. Other than that, well done Disney. You once again have made me a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment