Monday, March 26, 2012

A Thai Treat

By Rachael Bardfield, staff reporter



With an open mind and an empty stomach, I recently ventured to the Thai House on 304 Main Street, Hyannis, to soothe my craving for oriental cuisine. I have always been biased towards oriental food: the salty, rich and indulgent dishes that leave you in a food coma even after digestion. To my surprise, the menu at the Thai House was quite vast, ranging from sea foods to meats with my choice of a variety of sauces. Curries are an aspect different from Chinese food, light and flavored with curry powder and spices, with Thai House hosting 5 different types. What truly caught my eye was the deal of a century- the Combo meals that came with a choice of two appetizers and a main dish for $8.95. It was hard to choose from the variety of pad thai and curries to fried rice. When my meal arrived, I feasted my eyes upon a stacking plate of colorful vegetables, chicken, and a tasty red curry sauce- Combo Number 4. And it tasted just as good as it looked! I felt full and satisfied but not groggy after my meal reassuring me that Thai House uses fresh ingredients. The meal came fast and my bill left an accomplished smile on my face. I would strongly suggest Thai House for the perfect spot for Thai at the right price.

No comments:

Post a Comment